ABOUT ÉLAN WELLNESS
Hello! My name is Meghan, and I am so happy you’re here. I founded Élan Wellness because of my love for yoga and safe embodiment in all forms, and my passion for empowering people to move through and heal from trauma.
Born and raised on Vancouver Island, I have been practicing yoga for over ten years. My practice has been with me through the good times and the not-so-good times, and continues to facilitate my growth and development as a human being. I am drawn to the evolutionary and compassionate nature of yoga, and the opportunities for deep healing that are ever present.
With a background in mental health and substance use support work and trauma informed practice, my intention is to create and hold space for people to breathe, to be curious about their experiences, and to enliven and expand their inner resources thereby empowering growth and transformation.
The Somatic Experiencing® method is a body-oriented approach to the healing of trauma and other stress disorders. It is the life’s work of Dr. Peter A. Levine, resulting from his multidisciplinary study of stress physiology, psychology, ethology, biology, neuroscience, indigenous healing practices, and medical biophysics, together with over 45 years of successful clinical application. The SE™ approach releases traumatic shock, which is key to transforming PTSD and the wounds of emotional and early developmental attachment trauma.
- advanced TRE training
- insight yoga, 70 hours, with sarah powers
- OFA Level 1 (Occupational First Aid for Industry)
- Level A CPR/ aed
- Trauma informed Training, 15 hours, with David Emerson
- Yoga for Chronic Pain, 18 hours, with neil pearson
- yin yoga, 50 hours with stephanie green
- Yoga Nidra training, 100 hours, Santosha Yoga
- Social services diploma, vancouver island university
-Yoga Outreach Core training, 50 hours
- Vinyasa/ Hatha training, 200 hours, with stephanie green
- Yin yoga teacher training with bernie clark , 50 hours
- moksha yoga teacher training , 500 hours